Many people think you need to use all bud to make creamy full melt hash, but you don't. You can make some killer top shelf hashish with your bud trim as long as you follow these tips and don't let the material dry out.
- Separate and toss the large sun leaves.
- Chop the material coarsely with scissors.
- Freeze immediately. Leave in freezer long enough to freeze solid.
- Use lots of ice. It should be hard to stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add material quickly to keep it FROZEN.
- Work in small batches if you have too and keep the rest in freezer.
- For the first batch, stir with wooden spoon for 10-15 minutes, let sit 5 minutes, pull bags.
- On third run you can use power tools and mixers, etc and stir for 20 minutes.
- Toss material and start with fresh FROZEN material, add ice if necessary.
- Scrape hash from bags onto wax paper, pat dry gently and put in freezer immediately.
- Don't squeeze water out, freeze water out.
The freezing helps make the trichome stalks brittle so they snap easy. Fresh ice with sharp edges helps to scrape the material better.
If you have prepared properly, you don't need to agitate aggressively to collect the best concentrates.